Monday, April 28, 2008

Weekend Productive, Frustrating

Well, this weekend I sent off submissions to five print lit journals (Missouri Review, Indiana Review, LIT, New Ohio Review, and Mid-American Review). This entails the following:

1. finding addresses to said journals
2. choosing poems
3. writing cover letters
4. filling out envelopes
5. printing out poems and letters
6. stuffing envelopes

This sounds easy. It sounds like it would take a half hour, tops. This is never the case. Why does this take up to four, maybe five hours?

Then, yesterday, I worked on the little book of poems I'm making. Why is Microsoft Word smarter than me? Why is it good for nothing other than printing letter after letter? Why can nothing else be expected of this program, such as consistent alternative margins? Why does it offer multiple columns options, but then won't allow pasting text into said columns? Fuck that fucking piece of shit. I give up. I have been forced to punch my computer in its stupid fucking face more than once while trying to make a wee little book. Fuck it. I surely have asked too much of my computer.

No comments: