Monday, April 6, 2009

I have been neglectful!

I have been away.
I have been changing, settling down into this new place and skin, really.

Here are some poems, part of something I am calling, for now, The Janus Project:

Reverse Dog

Our love is pocked with
the deep rivets of unanswered silences.
You lean down into one of them.
The holes allow us to breathe.


Reverse Tide

Give me the keys.
I will color our exaustion.
I will release plumed ideas
into the world.


I'll be back. With more or less substance, more or less meaning. In the meantime, fill in the blank(s):


If the answer is ________
If the question is ________
If the fable is ________
If the corollary is ________
If the hand writing is _________
If the predator is ________
If the spot light is ________
If the certainty is ________
If the planet is ________
If the antidote is ________
If the circle is ________
If the excuse is ________
If the ritual is ________
If the crying is ________

3 comments:

skg said...

Not sure if I'm doing this "right" but this is what you get :-)

If the answer is this life, I will say "no thanks."
If the question is today, I choose sleep.
If the fable is quaint, is that cute or useless?
If the corollary is too strong, why bother?
If the hand writing is messy, I will write slower.
If the predator is you, I will leave.
If the spot light is too bright, I will have to deal.
If the certainty is uncertain, I will call it "just another day."
If the planet is so big, why do I feel so isolated?
If the antidote is foul, would I still want it?
If the circle is tired, how do I fix it?
If the excuse is useless, I won't get by any easier.
If the ritual is soothing, I will feel refreshed.
If the crying is enough, it will stop.

Glad you're back...

ER said...

Reverse Flow

If the answer is breathing
If the fable is factual
If the corollary is revolting
If the hand writing is embarrassing
If the predator is desperate
If the spot light is abandoned
If the certainty is arousing
If the planet is pathetic
If the antidote is misplaced
If the circle is obsolete
If the excuse is tangential
If the ritual is Hollywood
If the cure is undefined how should I know it

anjali said...

dear apartment poems,

If the answer is obliterated
If the question is annihilated
If the fable is felled
If the corollary is extirpated
If the hand writing is harried
If the predator is agitated
If the spot light is solicitous
If the certainty is agog
If the planet is athirst
If the antidote is keen
If the circle is perfervid
If the excuse is dithyrambic
If the ritual is torrid
If the crying is erotic

anjali khosla mullany